Join Our Board
Lead our organization in the fight against poverty.
Wesley is Accepting Board of Directors’ Applications
Wesley is looking for professional, motivated, and dynamic leaders who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of those we serve to join its volunteer Board of Directors.
Wesley is a registered non-profit charity that provides Support, every step of the way to those most vulnerable and living in poverty. Wesley collaborates with community partners to mobilize resources, create opportunities, and realize potential for those most in need. Our innovative programs and services transform people’s lives in the communities we serve. We are consistently ranked amongst the best charities in Canada. We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about our history and our programs and services.
Wesley promotes an inclusive and barrier-free environment. We encourage and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds of ability, culture, race, and religion.
Key Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong commitment to Wesley’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Commitment, enthusiasm, creativity and knowledge of poverty issues
- Financial Acumen: Accounting designation and/or senior management experience in financial accounting and reporting and corporate finance.
- Legal Experience: A practicing or retired lawyer and/or experience in dealing with legal matters, especially in areas related to not-for-profit organizations.
- Social Services or Policy: Experience working in social service agencies, public healthcare or policy.
- Candidates are not now, and have not been for the last three years, employed by Wesley or any of our affiliates.
- Previous board experience is considered an asset.
While the above skills are of interest, other applicants who may have familiarity with Wesley, and experience in social policy, charitable work or Board governance are encouraged to apply.
Board members are elected for a 3 year term. They may serve up to 2 consecutive terms, and for a total of 6 years. Board member’s time commitments vary but typically include the following:
- Preparation for and attendance at board meetings, held the last Wednesday of each month (except July, August & December)
- Attendance at committee meetings
- Attendance at Annual General Meeting held in October each year
- Participation in occasional Board orientation and/or development, organized to accommodate member’s schedules.
- Participation in Wesley Events
Thank you for your interest in serving on the Board of Directors of Wesley
To apply, please complete the application form and send to:
Don Seymour, Executive Director
Wesley Urban Ministries
52 Catharine St N
Hamilton, ON L8R 1J1
In addition to the application form, applicants are encouraged to also submit a resume or a covering letter highlighting their interest and relevant experience.
Deadline for applications is April 30, 2020
Wesley thanks our volunteer Board of Directors for making a difference in the lives of the most vulnerable and those living in poverty in our community.
Work to End Poverty.