Volunteers play a critical role in the success of Wesley.
Urgent & Special Event Opportunities
URGENT: Physical Distance Volunteer
Volunteers are needed at the Wesley Day Centre during COVID-19. We are looking for skilled volunteers who are health care professionals (ex. doctors, nurses, physician assistants), foreign trained doctors, retired health care professionals, people with shelter experience or related professional experience. The focus of this position will be to help clients with physical distancing during COVID-19.
Time: Shifts are 2.5 hours each i.e., 8:30am-11am or 11am-1:30pm
Location: Wesley Day Centre, 195 Ferguson Avenue North, Hamilton
Children, Youth & Family Services
Child and Family Centre Volunteer
- Volunteers will assist with program implementation: set-up and clean-up, snack preparation, washing toys, general tidying, emptying and filling dishwasher, crafts, making sensory play materials
- Experience working with children is an asset
- 18 years or older
- 2-3 hour shifts available Monday – Saturday during the day
- Location: Various locations
School Age Program Volunteer
- Volunteers will assist with programming: homework help, serving nutritional healthy snacks, provide 1:1 time with children, create & help staff with recreational programming
- Previous experience working with youth is an asset
- 18 years or older
- 2-3 hour shifts available in the afternoons Monday – Friday
- Location: Hess Street School, 107 Hess Street North, Hamilton and St. Luke Catholic Elementary School, 345 Albright Road, Hamilton
Newcomer & Community Services
We are not currently looking for volunteers for our Newcomer programs. Please stay tuned!
Housing & Homelessness Services
- Helping to prepare meals at the Wesley Day Centre by washing dishes, serving, and other duties as assigned
- 18 years or older OR 14-16 year old must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, and 17 year old must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or provide a written note that they are allowed to volunteer
- 4 hours Monday – Saturday and 3 hours on Sunday
- Location: Wesley Day Centre, 195 Ferguson Avenue North, Hamilton
First Start Café Volunteer
- Assisting servers to provide meals and drinks to residents of First Place and community members attending the dining halls.
- Serving coffee, tea, and water to customers
- Meeting/greeting customers as they arrive
- Assist the main server with various duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Location: First Place Hamilton Seniors Residence, 350 King Street East, Hamilton, ON, L8N 3Y3
- Time: Saturdays from 8:30am-11:30am
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact:
Special Events & Volunteer Administrator
905 528 5629 x 240
Change Lives Together.