Case for Kids 2018
Join the Walk to End Child Poverty!
Case for Kids returns to Bayfront Park on June 3, 2018! Walk, Run or Ride around the Hamilton Harbour to raise awareness for children facing in poverty in Hamilton.
Stunning views of nature from the Western tip of Lake Ontario, activities and entertainment, all in the name of raising money for crucial outreach and programming in our community! So what are you waiting for? Join us on June 3, and help put an end to child poverty!
This year, marks the 27th anniversary of the very first Case for Kids event – the same year Bayfront Park was opened in Hamilton!
Click here for 1 minute 27th Annual Case for Kids video
Case for Kids Walk, Run, Ride is a pledged event. Create your own online profile to collect donations from friends, family and colleagues. It’s fun and easy! Once you’ve created your personal fundraising page, you’ll be given a unique link that you can send to people to make secure online donations on your behalf.
If you’re ready, you can set up your own personal online fundraising page* here or use the button below.
Please Note*: If you used our online fundraising platform last year, please click the Sign Me Up button followed by:
- Individual Registration (you can join a team afterwards)
- Agree to the Waiver
- Click Returning Participant and then you can access your information from last year
Since Case for Kids is a pledged event, it’s success relies on participants like you reaching out to family and friends to receive donations. This can be daunting, especially if it’s your first time taking part in this event. Don’t worry though, you’re fundraising for a very important cause and you’ll find that people are much more receptive to giving than you may have first thought.
With that being said, here are a few tips we’ve compiled to help you earn your first pledges.
- Make a donation yourself, and challenge your friends and family to match it! This is a very helpful tactic that displays your commitment to the cause and is very inspiring for your cohorts.
- Be specific with your donation requests. You want to make it as easy as possible for people to donate to your online page, and by requesting specific and manageable amounts (10,15,25 dollars etc.) you’re taking a lot of the guess work out of donating.
- Set a total fundraising goal and ask people to help you reach it. This way, you can ask people in your network for only a small amount. People like to contribute towards goals for a good cause, and we’ve seen lots of success with this format.
- Accompany your pitch to prospective donors with a personal story. Tell them why Case for Kids is especially important to you, and you’ll find donations easier to come by. People these days are inundated with donation requests and those accompanied with a story tend to be the ones that stick.
For more information, or to register over the phone, please call 905 528 5629 x 240 or send an email to
Thank You to All of Our 2017 Case for Kids Sponsors