Wesley provides an exciting, stimulating and challenging working environment to a variety of employees.
Based in Hamilton, Ontario, Wesley is a long-standing non-profit that aims to finally put an end to poverty. For more than 60 years, we’ve provided crucial outreach and programming to the most marginalized citizens in our community.
Our many locations throughout Hamilton, Halton and Brant offer our 200+ employees an exciting, stimulating and challenging environment that values the diversity of individuals and ideas.
Wesley is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, aboriginal people, and persons with disabilities.
We seek to decrease barriers and increase opportunities for many vulnerable people in our community. If you share our vision of community, where justice and compassion guide the way we live, where all members are treated with respect and dignity, we invite you to apply for the following employment opportunities!
- Interpreter – Wesley Interpretation Services – as needed
- Line Cook – full-time; permanent
- Intensive Case Manager – Wesley Youth Housing – full-time; permanent
- Intensive Case Manager – Wesley Housing Services Brantford – full-time; permanent
- Manager, Early Years — Full-time; permanent
- Youth Outreach Worker, YOW Brantford – full-time; permanent
- Youth Worker, Wesley Youth Centre – part-time; temporary
- Child Care Worker, School Age Programs – part-time; temporary
- Driver – Maintenance – Part-Time; Contract
- Driver- Maintenance – Relief
- Intensive Case Manager – Housing Services Halton – Full-Time; Permanent
- Early Years Facilitator, Float – Wesley Early Years Programs – Full-Time; Permanent
- Warehouse Coordinator – Food Services – Part-Time; Permanent
- Supervisor, Early Years – Wesley Early Years Programs – Full-Time; Permanent
- Intensive Case Manager – Client Support Services – Full-Time; Contract
- Registered Early Childhood Educator – Wesley Licensed Child Care Programs – Part-Time; Permanent
- Middle School Worker – WAN2B Program – Part-Time; Temporary
- Intensive Case Manager – Wesley Youth Housing – Full-Time; Permanent
- Intensive Case Manager – Housing Services Hamilton – Full-Time; Permanent
- Intensive Case Manager – Housing Services Hamilton – Full-Time; Temporary
Unless otherwise noted interested candidates for any of these positions should submit their resume along with a cover letter stating the position they wish to be considered for to:
Wesley Urban Ministries
c/o Director Human Resources
52 Catharine St. N, Hamilton, Ontario, L8R 1J1
We are interviewing for individuals to work on a relief basis in our various programs. Relief employees fill a vital role at Wesley Urban Ministries providing support and backup in our programs. Shifts are scheduled on an as needed basis and may include days, afternoons and nights along with weekends. Candidates for all positions must also have current CPR/First Aid. Our current needs include:
Registered Practical Nurses – to work at our Special Care Unit. These individuals must be a graduate RPN and hold current RPN registration with the Ontario College of Nurses. Several years nursing experience, preferably in an urban core setting or in the addictions field would be an asset.
Early Childhood Educators – must have a diploma in Early Childhood Education and experience working in a child care setting.
Day Centre Outreach Recreation Worker – We are always looking for individuals to fill in on a relief basis to actively engage day program participants through individual structured interventions and the development and facilitation of workshops, programs, training and group recreational activities. To be able to meet the mandate and outcomes of this program you will require a Post-secondary degree/diploma in Therapeutic Recreation or relevant equivalent. Your educational achievements will be augmented with at least two years of experience in an urban core setting working with adults living with addictions, mental illness and/or homelessness.
Life Skills Mentors – We have an on-going need for individuals to work on an on-call as needed basis to deliver life skills programs and information with the objective of providing essential life skills to newcomers to help them settle and adapt more smoothly into their new community.
Youth Workers – must have a diploma or degree in Child & Youth Work or Social Services. Experience working with youth is essential as are proven skills in case management.
Please note: Candidates for all positions must also have current CPR/First Aid.
Keep up to Date with Us.