Join our Board
Wesley Urban Ministries is Accepting Board of Directors’ Applications
Wesley Urban Ministries is looking for professional, motivated and dynamic leaders who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of those most vulnerable and living in poverty in our community to serve on its volunteer Board of Directors.
Wesley Urban Ministries is a registered non-profit charity that provides Support, every step of the way to those most vulnerable and living in poverty. Support to a child new to Canada, a youth preparing to move into their own housing, an adult learning employment skills and an at-risk family coping with a newborn baby and many more individuals.
Wesley promotes an inclusive and barrier-free environment. We encourage and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds of ability, culture, race and religion.
Key Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong commitment to Wesley’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Commitment, enthusiasm, creativity and knowledge of poverty issues
- Financial Acumen: Accounting designation and/or senior management experience in financial accounting and reporting and corporate finance.
- Legal Experience: A practicing or retired lawyer and/or experience in dealing with legal matters, especially in areas related to not-for-profit organizations.
- Social Services: Experience working in social service agencies, in particular those that deal with lower income families and affordable housing initiatives.
- Candidates are not now, and have not been for the last three years, employed by Wesley Urban Ministries or any of our affiliates.
- Previous board experience is considered an asset.
While the above skills are of interest, other candidates with any combination of Wesley Urban Ministries’ familiarity, social policy, charitable work and Board governance are strongly encouraged to apply.
Board members are elected for a 3 year term. They may serve up to 2 consecutive terms, and for a total of 6 years. Board member’s time commitments vary but typically include the following:
- Preparation for and attendance at board meetings, held the last Wednesday of each month (except July, August & December)
- Attendance at meetings of committees you belong to
- Attendance at Annual General Meeting held in October each year
- Participation in occasional Board orientation and/or development, organized to accommodate member’s schedules.
Thank you for your interest in serving on the Board of Directors of Wesley Urban Ministries.
There are currently openings on our Board of Directors.
Click here for more details
Click here to apply
To apply, please complete the application form and send to:
Wesley Urban Ministries
52 Catharine St N
Hamilton, ON L8R 1J1
Wesley thanks our volunteer Board of Directors for making a difference in the lives of the most vulnerable and those living in poverty in our community.