Wesley is committed to providing as much support to newly arrived refugees as possible. We have a rich history of volunteerism at Wesley – it is what our organization was built on! Wesley is looking to expand our team of trained volunteers to assist newly arrived refugees with their settlement and integration. In particular, we need volunteers with Arabic language abilities that can assist with interpretation, translations and can be trained to support life skills training and community navigation.
We welcome anyone interested in volunteering to contact us to become part of a team of hard working, compassionate individuals that are committed to giving back to their communities every day.
Services we anticipate needing in the near future are:
- Providing translation and interpretation in languages such as: Arabic, French, Kurdish, Turkish, Persian/Farsi, Swahili, Somali, Assyrian and other languages
- Providing administrative support to Wesley services and programs
- Helping to set up orientation sessions
- Assisting Wesley’s Life Skills Workers when they accompany individuals and families on moving days into permanent housing
- Participating in fund-raising and awareness events
*There will also be special event opportunities. We will keep this page updated as these events are planned
If you are interested in being a part of this special team, please click the link below to begin the application process, including an application and reference check: Click here to Volunteer at Wesley