Client Support Services
Client Support Services (CSS) provides a seamless service for Government Assisted Refugees (GARs) following their work with the Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP). Here, clients are provided intensive case management support to navigate through their first year in Canada. Every client who arrives to Canada as a Government Assisted Refugee has had to flee their county in fear. Most have lived through extraordinary events characteristic of war and violence.
Due to the complex needs of Government Assisted Refugees, CSS case managers support clients as they face various challenges through interventions such as coordination and accompaniment to medical appointments (including language supports such as interpretation), connecting clients to language training, supporting and assisting with government applications (GST, Child Tax Benefits, 1 year window applications etc). These programs are built on an anti-oppression framework which values the strength and resiliency of these individuals.
- Home visits, Listening, Under the process of transition and settlement
- Developing an Empowerment Plan and Settlement Goals
- Coordination of medical appointments and other various appointments
- Connecting clients to language training
- Supporting and assisting with various government applications (GST, child tax benefit, 1 yr window application)
- Connecting to settlement t workers in schools (SWIS workers)
- Documentation support (mail etc)
- Referrals to other Service Providing Organizations
- Access to Services: Government Assisted Refugees within their first year post-arrival.
Access to Services: Government Assisted Refugees within their first year post-arrival.
52 Catharine St N
Hamilton, ON L8R 1J1
T: (905) 528-5629
F: (905) 528-9977
Hours of operation 9:00am-5:00pm (evening appointments available)